Dentures can give you a beautiful and healthy smile. However, even though dentures can last for many years, the appliances will eventually have to be replaced. But taking proper care of them can increase their life span. Read on to find out when your dentist may have to repair or replace your dentures.Dentures offer a…
Are There Different Types of Dentures?
Anyone considering getting dentures to replace part or all of their teeth needs to look into all of the options available today. They have come a long way, and there is no reason for anyone not to take advantage of all their choices. Here is a list of different types, and there is always one choice that fits someone a little better than another.
- Traditional replace all of your teeth. These are the most common option.
- Partials are for those who have only a few missing teeth and are made to fit around the teeth and attach to the gums.
- Customs are made from more expensive teeth and are more natural-looking.
- Immediate dentures are available the same day you have your teeth removed. These can be more expensive.
- Implant-supported dentures look natural, and they give excellent support. They are secured into the gums.
- Snap-ins are very stable, and they anchor onto existing teeth.
- Overdentures are removable and sit on top of the gums, and are held in place with implants.
- Uppers are used to replace the upper teeth. Uppers are a very common choice.
- Economy is the most cost-effective, but they don’t fit as securely, and they tend to look fake and need to be held in place with dental adhesive.
Do insurance plans cover them?
When it comes to insurance covering the cost, there is not a definite answer. Unfortunately, just like any other medical insurance procedure, your dentist needs to find out from your insurance company what they will cover.
You can review your dental coverage and call your insurance company and ask them what types they cover if there is a copay and what your total out-of-pocket expense will be.
Most dentists offer payment plans and several financing options to help you with your decision.
How do I decide which options are right for me?
The choices may seem overwhelming, but if you do your research and discuss all of your options with your dentist, you will be able to determine which choice is right for you.
You may want to base your decision on cost or maybe whether or not you want surgery. That’s another great point to make about this amazing solution, you can choose the ones that require no surgery, or you can go with a more invasive procedure. The choice is yours.
Find the option that works for you
Missing some or all of your teeth can sometimes diminish your confidence, and there is no reason to feel this way. Dentures were invented to help reclaim your smile and help your overall lifestyle.
There are a variety of options, as discussed above. Whether you want to help replace a few teeth or all of your teeth, your dentist will be able to help you determine the best choice for you.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentures in Oakland, CA.
Root canal therapy, also known as endodontic therapy, is one of the most common dental procedures performed, but it’s certainly not one of the most enjoyable. It’s unpleasant to think about having an infected tooth removed and some of your jawbone along with it. To make things worse, it can be difficult to know if…
Dental fillings are the perfect resolution to having a cavity and preventing more tooth decay. However, they do not last forever. If you opt to pay for the more expensive cast gold or porcelain fillings, then you are looking at up to 15 years before they may need to be replaced.Start taking care of your…
Wondering what the signs of oral cancer are? General dentists are specifically trained in performing oral cancer screenings and thus know exactly what to look for. Dental patients can also check for signs in between screenings.Learning how general dentists perform oral cancer screenings will help dental patients know what to expect when undergoing this important…