ClearCorrect Braces Oakland, CA
Clear dental aligners can help patients straighten their smiles while correcting other dental conditions discreetly and comfortably. This treatment is a popular alternative to traditional braces. ClearCorrect® braces are a nearly invisible orthodontic treatment that uses sets of aligners to correct misaligned teeth.
ClearCorrect braces are available at Laurel Smile Dentistry in Oakland and the surrounding area. We use this treatment to help patients who want to straighten their smiles but prefer not to have metal braces. Many patients may consider this option because it is both effective and almost invisible.
Orthodontic malocclusions are more than just aesthetic issues; they can harm your oral health. Correcting them subtly with ClearCorrect braces may be a great option for you. Contact us at (510) 240-7264 to schedule an appointment and learn more.
Candidates for ClearCorrect Braces
According to WebMD, many adults and teens are excellent candidates for invisible aligners like ClearCorrect braces. Children are typically not as suitable for the treatment because their mouths are still growing. Teeth that are in the earlier stages of development make the process of creating the aligner much more complex, reducing the likelihood of having positive final results.
Additionally, the candidates who achieve more successful results usually have mild to moderate crowding or spacing issues. Patients who have severe crowding, underbites, overbites, or crossbites may need more aggressive treatment. In these cases, we may recommend another treatment followed by ClearCorrect braces.
“According to WebMD, invisible aligners like ClearCorrect braces are an option for many adults and teens.”
How ClearCorrect Braces Work
ClearCorrect braces work similarly to systems like Invisalign® as an alternative to traditional braces. They gently push on the teeth to move them a little at a time. The treatment consists of a series of aligners that progressively get closer to the planned result. Depending on the severity of necessary treatment, a patient may require only one or two aligners or may need several over a multi-month period.
To create the aligners, the dentist takes measurements of the mouth and creates a 3D model. This model guides the design process of clear aligners. The aligners are then created and given to the patient, typically in sets of two or more. We will continue to monitor and adjust the treatment based on the patient’s progress.
“ClearCorrect braces work similarly to systems like Invisalign as an alternative to traditional braces.”
The Benefits of ClearCorrect Braces
There are many great reasons to choose ClearCorrect braces. Laurel Smile Dentistry recommends them to patients in need of teeth straightening who are appropriate candidates and who want to enjoy a more discreet treatment option. These are a few benefits of these aligners:
- Subtle. ClearCorrect braces are a subtle alternative to traditional braces. They consist of crack- and stain-resistant, clear plastic, rendering them almost completely invisible when in place.
- Effective. According to the Mayo Clinic, treatments like ClearCorrect braces are typically effective at realigning teeth. They are most effective when the patient carefully follows the dentist’s instructions. It may also be necessary to wear a retainer after treatment to ensure the permanence of the results.
- Boost Confidence. Changing one’s smile can change the way they live. Many people suffer from low self-esteem related to crooked teeth. ClearCorrect braces can be an effective way to overcome insecurities based on orthodontic issues.
- Support Oral Health. Misaligned teeth can be harmful to oral health. Patients with misaligned teeth are more likely to have dental problems and a strained mandible area. For many patients, correcting misalignments with ClearCorrect braces may lead to a healthier mouth.
- Removable. Although patients should keep their ClearCorrect braces in as instructed, they are removable. You may remove the trays when eating or drinking certain fluids for extra comfort, making dental hygiene much easier compared to traditional braces.
“Laurel Smile Dentistry recommends them to patients in need of teeth straightening who are appropriate candidates and who want to enjoy a discreet treatment option.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: ClearCorrect Braces in Oakland, CA
What You Need to Know About Invisible Aligners
While there are plenty of reasons to choose invisible aligners, you should know that there are a few lifestyle changes and factors you may need to make for them to be at their most effective. We are committed to helping our patients make informed decisions. Here are a few factors of invisible aligners the American Association of Orthodontics recommends people know about:
- Required Care. Patients need to be careful when drinking with their aligners. Liquids can get between the aligners and the teeth. Any acidic or sugary drinks such as coffee, soda, and alcohol can cause cavities and weakened enamel.
- The Temptation to Remove. Many patients love that these aligners are removable. Still, the aligners cannot work if they are not in the mouth most of the time. Taking them out for too long may disrupt the treatment process.
- Cost. Compared to traditional braces, invisible aligners may be more expensive. However, this varies from case to case. Talk with our team to determine what the expected cost for this treatment may be and possible insurance coverage.
“We are committed to helping our patients make informed decisions.”
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
How to Properly Care for ClearCorrect Aligners
Patients who undergo ClearCorrect aligner treatment are given a set of detailed instructions on proper care and maintenance for both the aligners and teeth themselves. However, there are set guidelines for the general maintenance of ClearCorrect aligners.
Use a soft toothbrush and antibacterial soap or a cleaning solution when cleaning the aligner trays. Gently brush the inside and outside of each tray, and thoroughly brush and rinse the teeth before inserting them in. It is crucial that all food particles and debris are swept away before aligners are put in the mouth to avoid staining or damaging the aligners.
“It is crucial that all food particles and debris are swept away before aligners are put in the mouth to avoid staining or damaging the aligners.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How many ClearCorrect aligners do I need?
A. The number of sets of aligners necessary depends on the specific case. Some patients only need a few, while others may need more. Laurel Smile Dentistry can give an estimate after examining the patient’s mouth.
Q. Can a child get ClearCorrect braces?
A. Technically, a child can receive ClearCorrect braces. However, people without their adult teeth are not typically optimal candidates for the treatment, as their mouths are still growing and changing rapidly.
Q. Can I get ClearCorrect braces if I currently have traditional braces?
A. Yes, ClearCorrect braces can follow another orthodontic treatment. Laurel Smile Dentistry may recommend this for patients who want invisible aligners but also need a more aggressive treatment plan. Talk with our team about switching during an appointment.
Q. Do ClearCorrect braces hurt?
A. There can be some discomfort with ClearCorrect braces as they are moving the teeth, but this is usually mild to moderate at most. In most cases, you can manage the pain with over-the-counter medication.
Q. Can I get ClearCorrect braces if I have missing teeth?
A. It is possible to get ClearCorrect braces with a missing tooth. However, they may be more successful in some cases than others. Talking to a qualified professional is the only way to be sure.
Q. Where can I get ClearCorrect braces?
A. If you are in Oakland, you are in luck. We would be happy to see you and determine if you are a candidate. If not, we may still be able to discuss other options with you.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- 3M True Definition
- The 3M True Definition Scanner is an intraoral scanner that a medical professional can operate solely on a tablet for easy access to visual of the anatomy.
- CEREC Omnicam
- CEREC Omnicam generates a full color scan of the teeth enamel without the need for a powder coating and is simple to operate.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Orthodontic Appliance
- Orthodontic appliances have multiple forms that can help treat malocclusions, irregularity with the teeth and disproportionate jaw issues.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business, license, and website security
- Laurel Smile Dentistry was established in 2010.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Alameda County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Oakland, Alameda, Emeryville, Piedmont and San Lorenzo
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
All too often, people avoid seeing a cosmetic dentist out of fear treatment is not right for them, and understanding the services a cosmetic dentist can offer can help you determine whether you should consider a visit. Cosmetic dentists can help with most smile imperfections, including teeth stains, damaged teeth, missing teeth, and misalignments.Every experienced…
Root canal therapy, also known as endodontic therapy, is one of the most common dental procedures performed, but it’s certainly not one of the most enjoyable. It’s unpleasant to think about having an infected tooth removed and some of your jawbone along with it. To make things worse, it can be difficult to know if…
Dental fillings are the perfect resolution to having a cavity and preventing more tooth decay. However, they do not last forever. If you opt to pay for the more expensive cast gold or porcelain fillings, then you are looking at up to 15 years before they may need to be replaced.Start taking care of your…
Anyone considering getting dentures to replace part or all of their teeth needs to look into all of the options available today. They have come a long way, and there is no reason for anyone not to take advantage of all their choices. Here is a list of different types, and there is always one…